blue mountain bird farm is not only a beautiful gem to behold but also a well-loved and cared for family farm. the owners moved to the 3.6 ha property in klapmuts in 1988 and meticulously redeveloped this unique holding - today it stands tall in all its glory.
as an investment opportunity, the business zoning holds unlocked potential. the area is earmarked as a redevelopment and rejuvenation corridor, which contributes to the property’s lifestyle and rural-commercial potential. the property will appeal to an extended family or investment group seeking a combination of safe rural living, with an income stream earned from the commercial apportionment of the farm. based on its strategic location along a major artery, possible commercial alter natives include a farm stall, restaurant, boutique distillery, functions venue, boutique hotel or b&b, children’s play park and petting zoo. from a logistical perspective the property is well-accessible off the n1 national road.
as a lifestyle holding, the secure smallholding is ideal for a large family wanting to establish a private residential estate in a rural setting. the extensive improvements include 7x individual dwelling units, including the main house and the gate house, evenly positioned within the lush gardens. there are stores galore, a dam, a swimming pool, and open fields bordering onto the r44 route.
detail about the property and accommodation:
1.“ cottage “ – 130 sqm consisting of 3 bedrooms ; 1 ½ bathrooms -large newly renovated walk in shower with separate toilet. open plan kitchen / lounge with a built in fire place
2.“ cottage” – 100 sqm consisting of 2 bedrooms ; large newly renovated bathroom with large walk in shower. open plan lounge / dining / kitchen area
3. “ workshop cottage” – 40 sqm consisting of open plan bachelor unit – renovated – new kitchen. very large new bathroom with walk in shower
4. “ cottage” – 100 sqm consisting of 2 bedrooms ; newly renovated bathroom with large walk in shower. open plan lounge / dining / kitchen area
5. “ the gate house” – 160 sqm consisting of 2 bedrooms en suite. bathrooms and house recently renovated / new fittings / new tiles and new aluminum windows. – face brick house.
open plan newly fitted kitchen with open plan living area and dining
6. “ main house” – 250 sqm + 44 sqm flat consisting of 3 bedrooms ; 2 bathrooms – (main en suite with a bath) – (family bathroom has a shower )
open plan kitchen and dining area ( scullery ) and stack doors out onto a undercover braai and pizza oven / undercover entertaining area
open plan lounge with built in fire place ( glass door unit ) leading to a tv room
large family / sun room with sliding windows onto the garden
separate laundry room
convert ed granny flat / / work from home office – 44sqm
other buildings - “the barn” – 310 sqm, outbuilding – 200sqm, storage 20 sqm and storage room : - 80 sqm
• large salt chlorinator pool ( 11m x 4.5 m )
• large landscaped garden
• properties perimeter is fully fenced with a electric gate
• large perennial dam
• x1 borehole @ 60 m depth
• 6 x 5000l water tanks
• 3 phase electricity